Wondering how much does it cost to install an EV charger?
Did you just purchase an electric vehicle? Are you thinking about purchasing an electric vehicle? Either way, the next question is usually “How do I charge this?”
For all of your charging options, you can read our blog HERE about the different options.
Once you’ve decided on how you are going to charge your vehicle, now you need to know how much it costs.
Enter AstroWatt Electric.
We are here to help you install a Level 2 EV charger. This could either be a NEMA 14-50 receptacle or hardwiring in an EV charger (i.e. Wallbox, Charge Point, Tesla Wall Connector).
So, how much does it cost?
The answer, as you probably guessed, “it depends”. Continue reading to learn about the factors and the cost.
What are the determining factors?
There are several determining factors when it comes to pricing the installation of your EV charger:
- Are you purchasing an EV charger? If so, most range from $400 – $700.
- Where is your main panel located? If you want to install a Level 2 charger, we almost always have to pull the power from your main electrical panel. Note: the panel in your garage isn’t always a main, 200 amp panel.
- Where do you want to place your EV charger? The closer your charger is placed to your main, 200 amp electrical panel, the cheaper it will be.
- Are you pulling a permit? We pull a permit for all of our EV charger installations. This gives you the peace of mind knowing it was done properly and inspected by your local municipality.
- Do you have a 200 amp service? Many of the older homes in the area, especially Raleigh, Cary and Durham have less than a 200 amp service. If you do not have a 200 amp service, this could possibly need to be upgraded.
How much does it cost?
After you factor in all of the above items, our EV charger installations range from $700 to $5,000. These prices are all determined by your home and your preference.
After installing 100’s of EV chargers in 2022, our average price is: $1,845.
One Other Item to Consider:
Duke Energy EV Charger Prep Credit – As of August 2022, Duke Energy is providing up to $1,117 per household to help customers cover the cost to install an EV charger. For more information on the program, check out their website here. They do require that a licensed electrician complete the work and that it passes inspection.
Ready to Get Your EV Charger Installed?
Give us a call today at 984-600-0100 and we’ll have a Service Technician out to your home within the next few days. Even better, all our work comes with a lifetime warranty on all our labor and a 5-year warranty on all parts & material we use.