Wondering how much does it cost to hook up a hot tub from an electrical standpoint?
Did you just order a hot tub? Are you thinking about ordering a hot tub? Either way, the next question is usually “What do I need to do to hook the hot tub up once it arrives?”
For a step-by-step process, you can read our blog HERE. In the article, we also share with you why it’s illegal to install a hot tub without pulling a permit.
Once you’ve made the decision to order a hot tub, now you need to know how much it costs to hook it up.
The answer, as you probably guessed, “it depends”. Continue reading to learn about the factors and the cost.
What are the determining factors?
There are several determining factors when it comes to pricing the installation of your EV charger:
- Is trenching required? If your electrician needs to dig a trench to run the wire to the hot tub then this will increase the electrical cost. The best case scenario is you have a crawl space and we can run the wire through the crawl space.
- Is conduit required? If you do not have a crawl space and we do not need to dig a trench, we would get the wires to your hot tub via conduit. This would increase the cost of the electrical work.
- Where is your main panel located? Most hot tubs require a 240v circuit. Depending on the breaker needed for your hot tub, we almost always have to pull the power from your main electrical panel.
- Where do you want to place your hot tub? The closer your hot tub is placed to your main, 200 amp electrical panel, the cheaper it will be.
- Are you pulling a permit? It is a state law in North Carolina that you pull a permit for your hot tub. There is a charge for this with your local municipality.
- Do you have a 200 amp service? Many of the older homes in the area, especially Raleigh, Cary and Durham have less than a 200 amp service. If you do not have a 200 amp service, this could possibly need to be upgraded.
How much does it cost to hook up a hot tub?
After you factor in all of the above items, our hot tub installations range from $1,900 to $4,800. These prices are all determined by your home and your preference.
After installing dozens of hot tubs in 2022, our average price is: $2,895.
Ready to get your hot tub installed?
Give us a call today at 984-600-0100 or fill out our form here. We’ll have a Service Technician out to your home within the next few days. All our work comes with a lifetime warranty on all labor. We also provide a 5-year warranty on all parts & material we use.
Note. You will need to pull a permit with your local municipality. This will allow them to approve the location of the hot tub. Once the location is approved, we can provide an estimate for the electrical work.